10 Things You Probably Don’t Know about Joe Whitt
The next exhibitor in our highly popular “10 Things You Probably Don’t Know about Me” series is Joe Whitt of Louisville, Kentucky. Currently, the Select Amateur is riding with Ryan Cottingim and Mandi Gately of Columbia, Tennessee.
Whitt is showing his horse, Huntin For Max in select events with their best event, according to Joe, being showmanship. The duo also competes in horsemanship and performance halter geldings. The gorgeous black gelding is now being offered for sale. “If we don’t sell him, we will plan to show and add trail and western riding to our events next year,” Whitt told us.
This team has accumulated over 300 AQHA points in the past two years and have Superiors in trail and showmanship with an NSBA Reserve World Championship and top tens in the trail at the Congress in both 2014 and 2015. This year they plan to show at the NSBA World Show and Congress.
“I have always purchased young horses or horses that have not been shown much with the goal of having a successful couple of years and then offering them for sale,” Whitt explains. “I have been successful and have enjoyed watching others go on to do very well with the horses that I have sold. My future will be to buy another horse later this year and focus on the western all around events and hope to have the same success as I have had with my previous three horses.”
1)People have told me I look like Kevin Spacey. I took my niece and her best friend to Hollywood for her graduation present, and we had people videoing us. She loved it and called me Uncle Kevin the whole trip. American Beauty was in the theaters that year.
2) I love to cook, entertain and drink wine with friends almost as much as riding horses.
3) I love to spend time at farmer’s markets, great grocery stores or wine stores.
4) I would prefer to take back roads and see the sights versus driving on the interstate when time permits.
5) I have lived in eight states with college and career moves. My favorite city that I have lived in is Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
6) My career has been great. I love what I do and work for an awesome company, Trilogy Health Services (Senior Living Communities) where I am the COO of their Pharmacy Division, PCA Pharmacy.
7) My favorite US vacation is Wine Country.
8) I grew up showing open shows in Southwest Virginia and West Virginia. My big horse show was the West Virginia State Fair. Great donuts and great fireworks…the good ole’ days.
9) I have no desire to visit Amarillo, Texas but would love to show at the Select World Show one day.
10) The place I have visited that I would go back to again, if I could only pick one place would be Jerusalem.
Thanks Joe for sharing more about yourself with our readers!