- UPDATE: Condolences on the Passing of Scott Kennedy
- Judges Named for AQHA Level 1 Championships
- Tuesday, February 28 is the Deadline for the March Spring Shows Issue of GoMag
- APHA Breeders’ Trust Point Value Increases
- Buy or Sell Your Horse by March 2nd with Pro Horse Services
- Dixie Nationals to Raise Money for Andrew McBeath Scholarship Fund
- Take a Survey for a Chance to Win a $100 Gift Certificate
- AQHA Releases 2017 Special Event Dates
- AQHA Congratulates 2016 High Point Winners
Megan Ulrich for GoHorseShowLike accidents do, it happened fast. Brenna Weaver, a then seven-year-old horse-crazy girl, quietly picked up her mom’s camera. As it tends to go with children and expensive gadgets, she subsequently broke it. It was when she would unwrap the first camera of her own, a birthday gift from her mom, that her passion for... Read More...
Videos Are Key
Maureen West for GoHorseShowYou have prepped your beloved mare, spent hours researching bloodline crosses, booked the stallion, created the embryo and waited for about 320 days. The anticipation is a combination of excitement and anxiety. Will it be a filly or a colt? Will it be bay or sorrel? Will it be plain or have chrome? And you pray for a t... Read More...
GoHorseShowThe Dixie National Quarter Horse Show was held February 15th through the 19th in Jackson, Mississippi. This top show in the nation featured southern hospitality at its best with excellent sized classes, great prizes, amazing show management and wonderful volunteers who helped run the show. Also known as The Southern Cl... Read More...
The Rock Candids
Barbra Schulte for The American Quarter Horse AssociationEarly in my career as a cutting-horse trainer, I noticed special showmen. Certain people consistently qualified average horses for the final. They regularly collected big checks. Other competitors would show an outstanding horse and fumble. I was intrigued to understand the differences. In my own experience, some da... Read More...
Megan Ulrich for GoHorseShowWhen Debbie Hodde, owner of Hodde Quarter Horses, bred her 17.2h thoroughbred mare, French Prize, known as Karma, to Its A Southern Thing, she hoped to get a healthy foal and a great hunter under saddle prospect. Karma had lost the previous year’s foal by Its A Southern Thing, owned by Amy Gumz, so Hodde was especial... Read More...
Nurse Mare Rescue