10 Things You Probably Don’t Know about Johnna Letchworth Clark
“Avoiding COVID!” was Johnna Letchworth Clark’s response when we asked her what she has been doing for the majority of last year. Clark also mentioned trying to show her two horses, On The Roks, “Whiskey” and Huntin A Hot Cowgirl, “Hunter.”
At the 2020 AQHA World Show, Letchworth and her horse Huntin A Cowgirl brought home a bronze globe in the Amateur Level 3 Hunt Seat Equitation. “Hunter” was recently sold to Alexa Black and they are under the supervision of Wade and Carly Parks.
“Last year was a year of growth for me with my young horses. Not as much showing as I’d like, but, for sure, I have become a better horseman spending more hours here at home with my horses.”
In our popular series, “10 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me,” Johnna shares some fun and unknown facts about herself.
10 Things Most People Don’t Know About Me
2. Born with a Hole In My Heart – It was a joke my entire life that it’s why I was so cold-blooded. I was born with a hole in between the left and right ventricle, Ventricular Septal Defect. I was required to go to the hospital yearly to have it checked on. By my 18th birthday, the hole had closed on its own.
3. No piercings – Not even my ears! I don’t think there is any reason other than I don’t love needles and never really felt the need to wear earrings. Maybe one day…jury is still out.
4. Three siblings – My brother Cole Letchworth is younger than me. I also have two older half-siblings on my father’s side: Tennise Letchworth Lucas, my sister, and Warren Letchworth, my brother. My brother Cole has been learning to be a silversmith to help with my father’s business, Letchworth Bits, and Spurs. My brother Warren also does some silverwork but is currently running a goat farm in New Mexico. My sister Tennise is a school teacher, as well as teaching dance on the side.
5. Never played any sports – I was that girl. The horse girl. My mom always asked if she should sign me up for dance class, but I would never give up my time in the barn. I attempted the clarinet in the band, and that lasted all of one year.
6. Shark Attack – During college, the South Carolina Equestrian team’s Media man, Cory Burkarth decided after posting some of the meet photos, that I would be named Shark because of the look I would get on my face. To this day, he and many others on the team will call me Shark instead of Johnna.
7. Still a Bridesmaid – I am not an AQHA World Champion, but something has to fuel the fire? No worries, I will try and try again. #GOALS
8. Right Handed – I have been breaking the number one cowboy rule my whole life; I ride with my right hand. Don’t mention it to my dad. It just solidifies the fact that I may never be a roper.
9. Halloween is not my favorite holiday – I am terrified of the dark. The only way you will get me outside in the dark alone is if a horse is involved. I will do a night check of the barn, but not without my right-hand man, Howie (her dog). Scared from a bad Halloween experience as a kid being chased by the older kids with chainsaws. Unfortunately, this also includes scary movies, no-no-no.
10. Scottsdale, Arizona – Growing up in the East and going to public school, The Sun Circuit was never in the cards for this girl. When I married Brett, I attended my first Sun Circuit… game over. Best show and the greatest location. If you like to eat as much as I do, Scottsdale is the place for you.
Johnna found so many great photos of her as a girl that we had to put together a slideshow.