How to Become a Horse Trainer: Pros Speak Out
For some, the progression to becoming a horse trainer is an extension of having grown up taking horseback riding lessons while showing horses as a youth.
For others who haven’t had the opportunity to spend a lot of time in the saddle, the path is not as clear, and their journey starts during college or by paying a trainer to learn. The American Quarter Horse Journal talked to professionals about how to get started in the industry.
In this article, we’ll cover:
- Colleges with horse programs
- Four-year college horse programs
- Suggested college degrees for horse trainers
- Learning how to train horses: apprenticeships
- Applying for apprenticeships
- How much can you earn as a horse trainer’s apprentice?
- What it takes to be a horse trainer
- Supplementing your horse training business
- How to become a better horse trainer
- AQHA Professional Horsemen’s Association
CLICK HERE to read the rest of the article from AQHA.