AQHA Crowns Top 5 Hunter Under Saddle Sires of 2019
To excel at hunter under saddle, as with most disciplines, your horse needs to be the total package: A combination of consistency, movement, and outstanding disposition. Enthusiasts discuss bloodlines and pedigree so for 2019, let’s answer the question, “What are the top hunter under saddle bloodlines?”
These statistics, powered by the American Quarter Horse Association, were compiled from January 1 to December 31, 2019. The figures represent offspring earnings, number of money earners, average earnings and leading money earner for 2019.
Here are the leading hunter under saddle sires of 2019:
2010 bay (Only In The Moonlite-Shesa Hot Cookie by Zips Chocolate Chip)
Breeder: Pam Bilek Family Trust, Irvine, California
Owner: Gumz Farms Quarter Horses, LLC, Morganfield, Kentucky.
Offspring Earnings: $28,530
Money Earners: 7
Average Earnings: $4,076
No. 1 Money Earner: Talk Southern To Me, 2015 bay gelding out of Sleepy Pleasures, $12,083
2004 bay (A Good Machine-Miss Trophy Dash by Hotrodders Jet Set)
Breeder: W. Gerald Speeks, Midlothian, Virginia
Owner: Sandra Morgan, Scottsdale, Arizona
Offspring Earnings: $29,688
Money Earners: 12
Average Earnings: $2,474
No. 1 Money Earner: Im Willy Good Today, 2016 brown gelding out of A Walk In The Sky, $14,234
2004 bay (Huntin For Chocolate-Hubba Hubba Hotrod by Hotrodders Jet Set)
Breeders: Stanley or Susan Scott LLC, Reddick, Florida
Owner: Highrange Ranch LLC, PilotPoint, Texas
Offspring Earnings: $44,178
Money Earners: 8
Average Earnings: $5,522
No. 1 Money Earner: Hez A Dancin Hubba, 2016, brown gelding out of These Irons R Dancin, $15,849
1998 bay (Natural Iron-Lacius by Privitazion (TB))
Owner: Capall Creek Farm LLC, Hampstead, North Carolina
Offspring Earnings: $62,749
Money Earners: 9
Average Earnings: $6,972
No. 1 Money Earner: Blue Sky Enterprise, 2016 gray gelding out of Blue Skys Movin In, $25,445
2000 bay (Protect Your Assets-Katt Sass (TB), by Ocean Free)
Breeder: Julie Feld, Morrison, Colorado
Owner: G.W. & Katherine Tobin, Scottsdale, Arizona
Offspring Earnings: $128,403
Money Earners: 46
Average Earnings: $2,791
No. 1 Money Earner: Couture Blue Genes, 2015 bay gelding out of Only Blue Couture, $15,104
Interesting Takeaways from the Top 5 Hunter Under Saddle Sires
- Its A Southern Thing, aka “Moonpie,” earned $34,454 in his show career. He was tied for first in the finals of junior western riding at the 2015 AQHA World Championship Show. After a thrilling workoff, he was reserve world champion.
- Both Hubba Hubba Huntin (No. 3) and Good I Will Be (No. 4) are grandsons of Hotrodders Jet Set, who is in the American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame.
- Its A Southern Thing has 361 total foals, with 76 performing.
- In his show career, Iron Enterprise earned 235.5 AQHA points.
- Good I Will Be, or “Willy,” was a four-time world champion with amateur and open AQHA Champion titles. He earned more than $80,000 in his show career.
- Im Willy Good Today was the 2019 Select world champion in hunter under saddle with owner/breeder Sandra Morgan.
- Allocate Your Assets has earned close to $29,000 in his show career.
- In his show career, Hubba Hubba Huntin earned more than $90,000. His top earner, Hez A Dancin Hubba, was reserve world champion in junior hunter under saddle in 2019.
- Couture Blue Jeans was 2019 Select reserve world champion in hunter under saddle with breeder/owner Debbie Hodde of Brenham, Texas, and world champion in junior hunter under saddle. The senior and amateur world champion, Al Fool Ya, was also sired by Allocate Your Assets.
CLICK HERE for more information.