Be Part of APHA History at the 2020 Convention
APHA’s vision is clear, and with the debut of its new international headquarters in the world-famous Fort Worth Stockyards, 2020 will be a year for the record books. Whether you’re an APHA member, national director, breeder, trainer, non-pro exhibitor or just a fan of Paint Horses, you’re invited to attend the 2020 APHA Convention, February 28 – March 1, 2020, at the Stockyards in Fort Worth, Texas.
From educational seminars to fun parties to discussions about the association’s future, there will be something for everyone. Plus, you won’t want to miss the official grand opening of the new office during the event!
- Check out the state of affairs at APHA’s General Membership Meeting. APHA Executive Director Billy Smith kicks off Convention with the state of affairs for the American Paint Horse Association. He’ll give those in attendance an overview of show, registration and market share statistics that make up the day-to-day activities at APHA. Immediately following this meeting will be a new director orientation. Stay and learn all you need to know about being a leader with APHA.
- Make your voice heard at committee meetings. All Convention attendees are invited to attend almost any committee meeting and share your thoughts. Committees meet on Friday, February 28 and Saturday, February 29. You’ll certainly find something you’re passionate about—make your voice heard! A nominal fee allows you to attend any open advisory committee meeting. Thank you in advance for attending committee meetings, board meetings and sharing the passion of Paint Horses with those around you.
- Attend the Board of Directors sessions. APHA’s elected Board of Directors meet February 29 and March 1 to discuss rule change proposals for 2020; voting takes place on March 1. While only directors can vote on rule change proposals, any APHA member may attend the meeting.
Whether you’re deeply invested in the Paint Horse industry or just getting started, attending the APHA Convention is time well spent. Network with your peers, meet APHA leaders and get energized about improving yourself, your club and your impact on the association. Register today!
- Take a “Sneak Peek” at the new APHA Headquarters, Thursday, February 27, at 7 p.m., and meet the three nominees to the Executive Committee. Kelly Boles-Chapman, Lee Ann Hall and Sandy Jirkovsky will be available to visit with APHA members as they get to know everyone who will be voting on Sunday, March 1.
- “Paint the Town” Grand Opening, APHA Headquarters, Friday, February 28, 6:30 p.m., in the Historic Fort Worth Stockyards. Check out our new state-of-the-art office and see what all the excitement is about in this beautifully revitalized area of the Stockyards. Be there to see our iconic bronzes unveiled in their new home just steps away from the office! The event is free for all Convention attendees. Gather with other APHA members to witness history and take it all in while enjoying live music and great atmosphere. Food and drinks will be available for purchase. It will be a night to remember.
- “Marked for Greatness” horseIQ Live—Saturday, February 29, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Hear from APHA Director of Judges David Dellin and learn what it takes to excel in various events. Be sure to register for lunch that will be served during the presentation.
- Hall of Fame & Awards Banquet—Saturday, February 29, 5:30 p.m. Enjoy an hour of socializing with everyone before the Hall of Fame dinner begins. At 6:30 p.m., join APHA as we honor our seventh class of Hall of Fame inductees, along with other special award winners. Seating is limited for this popular party and it sells out early, so make your reservations soon. Dinner is included, and a cash bar is available.