Nine Must-Do’s for YES Attendees
The American Quarter Horse Association is excited to welcome attendees to the 2018 Bank of America Youth Excellence Seminar June 28-30 in College Station, Texas. If you haven’t had a chance, check out the YES schedule.
Before you start packing your bags, here are just a few things to remember:
1. Make sure you have reserved your room at one of the host hotels. Bus transportation will be provided to all YES events (transportation will depart from the Hilton College Station and Conference Center).
2. Plan to meet your new friends at the Mix ’n’ Mingle on Thursday evening at the Brazos County Expo.
3. Bring pencils and paper, as there will be interactive leadership workshops and several opportunities to learn new things – especially from our keynote speakers, Clint Swindall and Dr. Tobin Redwine.
4. Don’t forget your dancing shoes for the dance Thursday night!
5. Make an impact on children’s literacy by taking part in the Books and a Blanket service project Saturday morning. Bring a new or gently used children’s book with you to donate to the cause.
6. Pack appropriate clothing for all events, including something dressy for the awards dinner on Saturday night.
7. Come ready to learn about careers in the agriculture industry from professionals, businesses and Texas A&M University colleges and departments during the career expo Saturday afternoon!
8. Get excited to watch the 2018-2019 AQHYA officer and director candidates campaign and to elect your new leadership team. Read more about the candidates.
9. And, last but not least, bring a great attitude and be ready for a fun-filled few days!
This event will be the highlight of your year. What better way to spend time with your fellow AQHYA members?
If you have any questions before you head to College Station, please contact the AQHA youth department at 806-376-4811 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the 2018 YES, visit www.aqha.com/yes.