NCEA Announces 2018 Riders of the Year
WACO, Texas – The National Collegiate Equestrian Association announced the 2018 Riders of the Year on Monday, May 14th.
The Georgia Bulldogs swept the hunt seat awards with Addyson Cord receiving the NCEA Equitation on the Flat Rider of the Year and Maddy Darst claiming the NCEA Equitation over Fences Rider of the Year award.
For the Western discipline, SMU’s Holly Lansidel was named the NCEA Reining Rider of the Year. Laska Anderson of Texas Christian University was tagged as the NCEA Horsemanship Rider of the Year.
For all the latest NCEA information, log on to CollegiateEquestrian.com, follow @NCEA_Equestrian on Twitter and @_ncea on Instagram.
NCEA Riders of the Year
Western Horsemanship – Laska Anderson, Texas Christian University
• 4 Most Outstanding Player
• 17-2-2 Overall record, 5-1-1 post season
• 74.25 avergage score in the regular season
• First Team All-America Honors in Horsemanship
• Big 12 Rider of the Month in both November and February
• 2018 All-Big 12 Horsemanship Team
Western Reining – Holly Lansidel, Southern Methodist University
• 13-2-1 Overall record
• First Team All-America Honors in Reining
• 2018 All-UEC Reining
Hunter Seat Equitation on the Flat – Addy Cord, University of Georgia
• 16-2 Overall record, 5-1 in postseason competition
• 2 Most Outstanding Player awards
• SEC Co-Rider of the Year in Equitation on the Flat
• Second Team All-America Honors in Equitation on the Flat
• 2018 All-SEC Equitation on the Flat
Hunter Seat Equitation over Fences – Maddy Darst, University of Georgia
• 15-2-2 Overall record, 4-1-1 in postseason competition
• 3 Most Outstanding Players
• SEC Rider of the Year in Equitation over Fences
• First Team All-America Honors in Equitaiton over Fences
• 2018 All-SEC Equitation over Fences